Give the Gift of Water



Water is life!

To see the power of generosity change someone’s life through the gift of clean water is amazing. And you are invited! Clean drinking water is the most important requirement for health and economic development. You can help end the water crisis and restore hope. Together, step by step, we are providing access to clean, safe and reliable water in Uganda’s Iganga district.

Water restores hope!

Children often bear the burden of walking miles each day to find water in streams and ponds, full of water-borne disease that is making them and their families sick.Illness and the time lost fetching it robs entire communities of their futures. Access to safe water is foundational to the development of any community. Safe and reliable water restores hope and unlocks potential.

Bring Water home

What’s The Cost

We are committed to funding the most appropriate, efficient and sustainable solutions. Sometimes catching rain, protecting a spring, or repairing a neglected pump is less costly and just as valuable as digging a new well.

We have learned that seemingly low-cost projects often ignore the most important aspects of community building and long-term impact. We ensure that our teams take a holistic approach and take ownership over time.

Each donation will be used for a traceable borehole project. Perhaps you are interested in sponsoring an entire project, in which case we would be happy to talk with you.

Spenden Sie für ein besseres Leben ohne Durst

The Okoa Hero’s team works on a voluntary basis. In order to be able to finance our development projects, we depend on donations.

Help us now with a donation! We work on a voluntary basis and do not receive any salaries, benefits in kind or other remuneration.

Because we are a small organization, we work very effectively. Practically every dollar benefits the purpose of the statutes, because we do not have to finance a huge administrative apparatus.

We work transparently, we have published our bylaws, and on our social media channels you can follow exactly what happens with your donations.

Background Bring Water Home

Iganga District in Uganda is home to a population of about 402,000 people according to City Population. Most of the people living in it are peasants who have access to clean water and poor sanitation facilities since poverty still remains the significant reason behind this very critical situation of human life.

33% of the population access to clean water are those in the center of the district, while the rest of about 67% of the population must rely on unclean sources like swamp and wells.

67% of people have limited to zero access to a safe drinking water source.
83% of people have limited to zero access to a safe toilet facility.
94% of people have limited to zero access to a handwashing facility.

Conditions in rural areas of Iganga District have led to an increase in diseases such as diarrhea and schistosomiasis due to poor sanitation and hygiene practices. That people suffer so much that they move about 2-4 km to look for clean water.

Bring Water Home project is aimed at construction of 50 Hand pump boreholes in 25 most vulnerable villages of Iganga district with the essence that at least every village has 2 hand-pump boreholes in place.
This sounds to be an interesting strategy, however Okoa Hero’s Child Ministries is faced with financial constraints that have become a bottleneck for the organization to realize the above objective. Therefore, the project seeks financial support from the community, other NGOs as well as all concerned citizens.

A community water source is very central to all and especially to women in the fight against poverty and equality. However, access to clean water in rural areas of
Iganga district is low. And this is so, because of several reasons.
The first cause is poverty itself. Reversing this situation through charity is of paramount importance for empowering the poor, children and their families.
To this end, Okoa Hero’s Child Ministries has planned to support the vulnerable and poor families socially through charity by providing a community clean water

In order for Okoa Hero’s Child Ministries to improve the livelihood situation of the poor in rural areas, it’s necessary for the local community and families to
acquire ready access to clean water.
Since the clean water source is going to be a hand-pump

For fair access to water

Drinking water is a human right.

In total, about 15,000 mothers and children in 25 villages in the district of Iganga suffer from thirst or become ill due to contaminated water.