Okoa Hero’s Child Ministries cares about protecting your privacy and how we use and share it. We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to manage your account and provide the products and services you requested. We will never sell your personal information and only share or use it as described here.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR PREFERENCES
You can contact us at any time to change or update your settings.
CLICK HERE for our support contact information.
HOW WE WORK
We operate nationally and globally in compliance with the GDPR. We are committed to preserving your privacy rights and allowing all our supporters to change or withdraw their opt-ins at any time.
TO WHOM THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT APPLIES
This policy applies to supporters of Okoa Hero’s Child Ministries worldwide. It applies to individuals who have registered with Okoa Hero’s Child Ministries as a sponsor, donor, visitor, volunteer, client, or an individual who contacts us in any other capacity in which the processing of your data is required to provide these services to you. Okoa Hero’s Child Ministries headquarters is located in Uganda.
WHAT INFORMATION IS GIVEN BY Okoa Hero’s Child Ministries?
We collect personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us to complete a transaction. This includes:
- Information you provide when setting up your sponsorship.
- Information you provide when you make a donation.
- Information you provide when you sign up to receive updates from us.
- Information you provide when you sign up to volunteer, visit or collaborate with Okoa Hero’s Child Ministries.
- Information you provide when you use our website.
- Information about purchases and other transactions.
- Information given and stored as part of our ongoing relationship.
SCOPE OF THE CONSENT
Once you have given your consent, you can change or revoke your consent at any time. We respect all usage rights. If you have any comments, concerns or complaints, please contact us.
According to the data protection laws, you have the right:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request rectification of your personal data
- Request deletion of your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of the use of your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
HOW WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR DATA
We collect information primarily to process donations, sponsorships, volunteer and visit requests, and to provide you with information about our projects, events, and activities. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption is used when credit card information is collected or transmitted over the Internet to provide a secure environment for transferring sensitive data from your browser to our financial institution using the latest encryption technology.
We will use your personal data only for the purpose for which we collected it and will retain it only for as long as is necessary to fulfill that purpose, including to comply with legal, accounting or reporting obligations. If for any reason we need to use your personal information outside of the purpose for which we collected it, we will notify you in advance and explain the legal reasons for the use. We may also use information for internal and analytical purposes to help us understand our supporter base and improve our communications and processes accordingly.
With respect to the information you provide to Okoa Hero’s Child Ministries, we are legally responsible for the handling of that information. We will comply with the data protection law specific to your country in the way we use and disclose your personal information.
Okoa Hero’s Child Ministries intends to ensure that personal data is handled lawfully and correctly, and we adhere to the data protection principles that require that personal data:
- Are processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, may be processed only if specific
- purposes specified in the Act and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with such purpose or purposes.
- Reasonable, relevant and not excessive in relation to these purpose(s).
- Shall be accurate and kept up to date as necessary
- Shall not be retained for longer than is necessary to do so
- Is processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects
- Is protected by Okoa Hero’s Child Ministries, which shall implement appropriate technical and other measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing or accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not trade, share or sell information you provide to us with other organizations that intend to use it to market their products or services to you.There may be instances where we share your information with others, as required by law, or with companies that provide services to us when the information is needed to complete the transaction.
CONTACTING US AND EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS TO INFORMATION